cool stuff

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
I was at the LFS today and they had a frogspawn hammercoral crossbreed that was unbelievable, it had the bright green colors of frogspawn, and had the hammer tentacles, it was from one of the guys who works theres tank, it was huge too, like 2 ft long 2 ft wide, later this week when I get my camera I will get a pic and post it on this thread, wondering if anyone has seen anything like this, it was soooo sweet, not that I could afford it, they wanted 1000$ for it and I am sure they will get it too

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
no, hammer corals are green, but this is actually the floresect green of frogspawn, looks nothing like a hammer coral as far as color, it kind of looks like what a hammer looks like under atnics, but in regular lighting, it is a cross breed, and its freakin sweet and huge, im not sure how it is done i will have to ask, I assume it has to do with corals spawning or maybe fraging to peices together, I have no idea, and I think forgspawn and hammers are distantly related, so maybe they could be fragged, i dunno but i will get pics up later this week

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
would have to be sexual reproduction to crossbreed, which many corals will do in home aquariums, just something ive never heard of...i believe ya though, they are both Euphyllia after all ;)

Last edited:

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
um not till the next time I go down, prolly next weekend, in retrospect I probablly shouldnt have posted this till I had pics but I was just really excited so I posted anyways, the problem being the LFS is about an hour drive each way, they are the only decent one around, there are a bunch of ones that are noobs and dont know what there talking about, so probablly not till next weekend again sorry for the delay

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site