Coral buying spree.

ram man

Superstar Fish
Apr 16, 2005
Arizona
hey guys, the 10 gallon tank idea did not work out, so im selling it, but with that money i am going to buy any zoanthid or soft coral i see. do you guys know of any good cheap sites to buy corals off of?

thanks in advance.

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
yep...liveaquaria is pretty good, i got a couple of their nano-packs and just spread things out to let them grow in

but i always look around locally first because i like to actually see what i buy

OCCFan023

Superstar Fish
Jul 29, 2004
New Jersey
I have personally not purchased from either because the shipping is weekdays before 10:30 and with school I cant do it. However I have a break comming up on the 16th of October so I will be making a nice coral purchase from them.

However after finding the site I was at my lfs and was talking with a a customer about some corals for sale. We agreed that the prices were high and I eventually found that he had ordered from both of the above places and asked if I would like to see the ones he had. From vivid he had a crocera clam, a neon green carpet anenome (thing was absolutley huge), a lobo brain coral, a kenya tree coral, and a beautiful purple tip frogspawn (who he said he would frag for me :D) HE said the shipping was fast and packaging was great. All the corals were in great shape.

From Marine Center he said he purchased a bunch of SPS the most noticble be a green as well as a purple acropora whose color was outstanding.

From what I saw I would highly reccomend either site but cant from personal experience (atleast not until the 16th) haa

Jul 14, 2005
Tampa, FL
My dad has purchased from Vivid. They send some very nice stuff, but they don't have the guarantees and customer service that LiveAquaria has. If you want credit for something that has died, you must freeze it and send it back.

ram man

Superstar Fish
Apr 16, 2005
Arizona
i like the sit fish outa wata posted, i curently have only 1 frag of zoanthids, found my emerald with my un attached ricordia in his claws, turns out the mantis didnt take it, so im going to be buying alot in th eupcoming month or so.