coral info.

Feb 22, 2008
This is from a UK mailorder website:

'Purple Bush Corals
Classic purple bush corals, a gorgeous coral that does well with good light and flow. A must have in any tank, technically a soft coral but they also require moderate levels of calcium which they utilise for growth.

All corals are natural living creatures and do vary in colour shape and texture. The actual corals you receive may vary in appearance from the photograph on the page.None of these corals were picked as a rare colour morph but as representative of what we intend to supply'

I cannot find much infomation on these, it says it is a soft coral but I am not sure, does anyone have one of these corals? is it actually SPS/ will it be okay under T8s?

cheers

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
it looks like a colt coral and I have never seen a purple one which could mean it is bad lighting in the pic or in some cases unscrupulous dealers will sell dyed corals and anemones, you have to be very certain before purchasing.....know the dealer, know about the item you are buying......know it's needs etc....

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
It's kind of hard to see from the picture, it could be something like a nepthea or neospongodes or similar coral. Some do well in tanks, some not as well.

Could you maybe e-mail them for a Latin name so you can be sure of what you're getting? If it's a reputable dealer, they shouldn't have any problem providing that to you.