Coral line growth

CoolWaters

Superstar Fish
Dec 10, 2006
Milpitas
my coral line is dying...

wats the best way to grow coral line?

i have a 20000k 15 watt t-8 bulb (full spectrum)
its on for 12 hours and moon light is fills in the other 12 hours.

im trying to equalize flow so everything gets hit.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Is this coraline on the rock? If so it is normal for there to be some die off as it adjusts to your new tank. It will come back it takes time. Don't go and add anything other than doing water changes as you shouldn't be using much calcium in your tank right now. Just be patient

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
I think it is only a couple of months old. Though coraline should start pretty quickly. Sometimes changing lights etc will shock it a bit, but it should come back. People always rush and add stuff like purple up etc which is just glorified calcium and not necessary.

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
Lorna said:
People always rush and add stuff like purple up etc which is just glorified calcium and not necessary.
:eek: i bought some of that stuff a while back im talkin like before corals*crazysmil now i actualy use it though to keep my calcium up around 400 *SUPERSMIL

CoolWaters

Superstar Fish
Dec 10, 2006
Milpitas
well my crabs arent really eating anything...probably cleaned everything...
so they decided to eat a snail.......wat disturbed me the most was that my nass. snail was in on it too...so i added some flakes so they wont eat the other snails...

why did they have to eat the biggest one???

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
i had only like 2 nassarius...then one was missing, then i saw a blue leg hermit with a new home : a nassarius shell.
I've seen blue leg hermits munching nerite snails...they can eat 'em. No i have 0 algae in my new tank so they need to feed...it's possible