coral on internet

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
they only place i have ever actually shipped coral from is liveaquaria.com but the online prices most anywhere are competitive, its the shipping that kills you...the only way to make it financially better is to buy enough that with shipping included it is still cheaper than going to the LFS

i'll illustrate:

if i buy a zoanthid rock, some mushrooms, and a finger leather at the lfs it will cost me around $100

if i buy a zoanthid rock, some mushrooms, and a finger leather online it will cost around $80...plus another $45ish to get it shipped...so the lfs wins

ive found, generally, on live good that if you don't spend at least $150 it will be cheaper to go to the LFS...of course, if you can't get what you want at the LFS you are SOL and my whole plan goes down the crapper

some common places:

www.liveaquaria.com
www.etropicals.com
www.marinedepotlive.com
www.garf.org

i always send LA folks to Jeff's Exotic Fish...the place is super cheap and has tons of stuff...they have an online business as well and I have never ordered from them, but if their in store service is an indicator they are good...and like i said, cheap
www.exoticfish.com

thats all ive got