Coral pics

Jan 16, 2004
Syracuse, NY
Updated pics of some of my corals I took today.

recent addition- acanthestrea

feather duster lost its frill, it grew a new one

one of my colonies of green monti digi

recent addition- green montipora capricornis "purple polyped". never seen one like this

recent addition- stag and red monti

acro with a blueish sheen Ive had for some time

recent addition- plating acropora

recent addition- forgot what this one was... hah

another of my green digi colonies

red brain Ive had fora long time

Jan 16, 2004
Syracuse, NY
hammer Ive had for a long time

the better looking of my poccilopora colonies, kinda bummed it doesnt display the green fuzzy tentacles, dont know why

tricolour acro Ive had, with a deepwater in the background

shot of one side of tank

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
looks nice! i also think that looks alot more like frogspawn than a hammer.. i added 2 small green montipora capricornis and the bleached like a week later.. is it cause i don't have MH? they were on top of my tank? everything else is doing fine (not to hijack your thread)

Jan 16, 2004
Syracuse, NY
Jim- what lights where they under at the shop? Usually a sudden change in lighting will cause them to bleach. I let mine sit at the bottom of the tank for little over a week before I moved them to where they are now. I have seen them kept under pcs and t-5s, not with crazy growth though.

Thanks. The plan is to grow all these colonies out to a good size over a few years till I can upgrade to a large reef tank when I can handle it. This tank is kind of a waiting cell for my real dreams ;)

It is a branching hammer. Thought it wasnt myself but it fits the scientific bill for one. Most of the polyps have single heads.

Coraline is crazy. Must be something in my water it likes.

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
it was under MH at a guys house, he gave em to me along with some other stuff, i only have VHO he said they should be ok but i guess not.. should i take em out or is there a chance they will come back?