Coralife Super Skimmer 125- I'm about ready to give up!

Oct 29, 2005
Hi all...

I am currently in the process of cycling my first SW tank and have still not been able to figure out this skimmer. Its been a couple of weeks of tinkering off and on with no luck. Finally today I had a breakthrough and finally got the thing making bubbles. I know I sound like an idiot but oh well.

Well heres my new problem, how do I control the water flow? The skimmer makes a crazy amount of bubbles but they flow right over into the cup in about 5 seconds. There is a red nozzle that supposedly I can turn to control the flow but if I turn it completely to the left or right it just goes over. I can turn it both ways completely 360 and nothing basically happens. This is so frustrating guys. I feel that even if I get it, when its time to drain the cup and I have to turn it off that'll never be able to get it running again just right. Please help if you can. Thanx!

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
well there is a "break in period" for new skimmers, they can either over or under skim for a couple weeks when they are new, has something to do with the bonds between the plastic or fiberglass and salt water....I am unfamiliar with this skimmer so thats the most help I can offer, maybe call Coralife help hot line and have them walk you through setting it up from the beginning?

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
if you turn it off and don't touch the output box or tubing you might not change the water level in the skimmer...but when you need to clean it, it's a pain and yeah you play with the red "button". If you can't adjust the water level maybe you shoud check if something is clogged. You can empty the cup by siphoning..thats what i do with my coralife...
This skimmer should be used in a place where the water level is always the same or it's a pain in the @**
This skimmer can certainly lead to great disasters if it's not tweaked.
Almost had my tank drained 2 times and that's why i added this ugly siliconed tupperware to the top of the cup
http://img286.imageshack.us/img286/2323/skimtop5gh.jpg
This is not pretty, and you should empty the cup often.