correct number of fish in a school

Jan 26, 2009
Newark DE
www.myspace.com
OK, so assuming both my silver tip tetra and my zebra danio survive to make it to the 10 gallon tank (that unfortunately must wait until april... i have no choice...) whats the correct number of fish for them both to school and be happy and not kill each other anymore?

I'm dying to get this 10 gal set up going, but its just simply impossible for me to do right now, and if you read my post (aggressive tetra, please help) from before, you'll understand why i'm a retard and bought each of these two fish.

*sad* i want my fish to be happy and i feel really guilty about not reading more about these fish. I honestly didn't really know that schooling was a mandatory thing for these fish to be happy. I hope I dont offend anybody...

SO BACK TO MY ORIGINAL QUESTION: How many fish can i fit into a 10 gal so that both the danio and the tetra can school? Is it even possible?

*worried*

unwritten law

Superstar Fish
Sep 2, 2008
DC
not possible for two schools in a ten gallon... hardly possible for a good school of tetras in a ten... you can fit about 5 of the tetras in a ten gallon although it is a small school there shouldn't be problems. If you decide to keep the danio you can get about 4 of those in a ten gallon... A good size school for both would be six to eight

bartnl

Small Fish
Jan 30, 2009
ya i just bought a tank with stand, filter, heater, gravel and some decorations for $75 on craigslist...and then my friend bought a 45g with everything i had except for a stand for $100. Saved us so much money using craigslist *SUPERSMIL but if you don't have room for a larger one then i guess there is nothing you can do