corys and loaches in peace?

Dec 11, 2004
Pompano Beach, FL
Visit site
can corys and loachs live in peace, i have some julli corys, and i want to get some Kuhlii Loachs, or maybe some YoYo Loachs, and rightknow i got 3 julli corys, if i got some would it be okay and how many, i was thinken like 2 or 3, in a 55gal, please help any one

raseii

Small Fish
Mar 28, 2005
Hi,
I have 2 Cory's and 4 YoYo loaches in my 50 gallon tank and everyone gets along just fine. The Corys are real peaceful fish and doesnt mess with anyone. The loaches dont bother them any either. I think with all the loaches, the more you have the happier they will be. I heard that the cory's like to be in groups also and I plan on adding a few more Cory's to my tank and possibly 2 more YoYo's. YoYos are so fun to watch and I like that they come out during the day and play. I think you just need to decide on what you like. Maybe start with a couple and if you like them, add more to the group.

NoDeltaH2O

Superstar Fish
Feb 17, 2005
SC
yoyos, kuhlis, and corys all get along fine in my tank. I had a hard time finding the kuhlis until I propped two small rocks up against the front glass, making a litle cave. they now hang out right in the front all the time as apparently they prefer the coziness of the cave more than they mind being watched by passersby.

Here's the kuhli cave in the front of the tank where all can see:

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2003
NYC
shellvergel.blogspot.con
Delta - you sure those are kuhlis? They look an awful lot like dojos to me. Since kuhlis are usually very slim and have that thick stripy pattern, while dojos are brow-ish and a lot bigger and stuff. Could be wrong. But so it seems. Sorry for going off topic :p

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
Those are black kuhlis, they are really more brownish than really black. They look exactly like my black kuhlis. Those are just well fed black kuhlis.

And I agree that loaches and cories get along well. I've actually found black kuhlis to be more active than striped ones, but that could be because my blacks are older.

NoDeltaH2O

Superstar Fish
Feb 17, 2005
SC
Yeah I DO have fat black kuhlis. I feed them well. They are an excellent companion for cory cats and for yoyos too. They all dig around in the gravel eating up every tiny bit of food present.