Cotton Mouth on an Angelfish

kll1221

Large Fish
Mar 2, 2005
Michigan
I just got a baby angelfish 2 weeks ago. He is in quarantine tank. Looked good first 2 days then started the hiding behavior. I did water changes every other day about 10%-20% the water levels were always no ammonia/nitrites etc.

He started to look like there was a white film over his body and clamped his fins so I stared to put Maracyn in tank 3 days ago and now his fins are not clamped and is swimming and pecking for food. He always was eating. His mouth however still has the cotton stuff on it. Will it go away? I am just afraid it will get worse and he won't be able to eat. after I finish with the meds is there anything else to be done?

Thank you so much. I hope he can recover and eventually move into my big tank.

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
The Maracyn treatment lasts 7 days, did you only add it once? I believe the instructions say to do a water change then start the second course.

If you're treating with antibiotics, always go the full course of the treatment that it says on the packet, otherwise all you're doing is helping to build disease resistance.

kll1221

Large Fish
Mar 2, 2005
Michigan
yes I always finish the course of treatment on package say 5 days and repeat once if needed. What I am confused is the repeat back to bak or a few days in between.

Lotus I thank you for your replies to my posts you are always very helpful to me and to others.