could i put...

Mar 11, 2003
I have a male betta and 2 ADFs in a 2.5 gallon with a whisper micro fitler. I have no problems with access waste build up. But I would reccomend a filter in a 5 gallon just to circulate the water. They WILL need a 25 watt heater at 75-78*F. Make sure you have caves/uprooted plants for the frogs to hide under.

This whole set up depends on the betta. It may or may not get along with the ADFs. Mine luckily did. I found this out because my frogs were small enough to slip through the divider's bars! I thought for sure my first ADF was toast, but Koopa (the betta) ignored Mario (ADF #1), and thats why I got Mario a buddy...Luigi (ADF #2). You will have to watch them closely, but in a 5 gallon with hiding spots, they should be fine.

Alexa

lnm130

Small Fish
Jul 25, 2003
Visit site
ok thanks! i love bettas and i love frogs, so what better combination?? i just have to wait for my 5 gal. to free up....my sick goldie's in it...3 more days in there for her!

Iggy

Superstar Fish
Jun 25, 2003
Leduc, AB, Canada
Visit site
Yes, you can put 2 African dwarf frog, just make sure the frogs are NOT African Clawed Frogs or Albino Clawed Frogs (with kind-of claw-like front "hands")

http://allaboutfrogs.org/info/mypets/dwarfs.html

Otherwise, ditto to what others have said (heater/good filter/hiding spots). I would play the water change by ear, daily water changes in a filtered 5gal sounds like overkill.

Mar 11, 2003
A 5 gallon is pretty big, you can add a couple more frogs if you'd like. You don't want to increase the bioload too much, too quickly however. If you decide you want to add more frogs, add one at a time.

Alexa