Could it be a parasite?

Jul 29, 2005
Sunny Cali & Rainy England
I found another new creature in my tank that I'd like to ask about. He looks very parasitic to me so has me a tad worried.

If I can describe it. It looked like some kind of larvae or something. It's about the size of 2 or 3 grains of rice. Pale pink in colour. Both ends taper to a wiggly point, about half the thickness of the body. There was a definate head end which looked like it had pairs of tiny legs, or feelers or something. It was able to propel itself through the water with a fast vertical snake-like motion and when it hit the glass it grabbed on and wriggled around.

Does he sound familiar to anyone? Anything to worry about? If he is a parasite then hopefully my cleaner wrasse or skarlet skunk will assasinate him.

I did get pictures but they don't help. Too small, too blurry.

Anyone?

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
It sounds like a nudibranch as far as the swimming motion to me..as well as the description...most eat corals, some eat algae...I had one, he was super cool and at my xenia, which was ok with me. I have videos and pictures if you are curious.

Jul 29, 2005
Sunny Cali & Rainy England
Sweet man, I am certainly curious. How can I see 'em?

Ummm, if he is a nudibranch, or anything else cool then I've no idea where he came from. I haven't put in any new live rock in a long time, and none of the water from the lfs ever goes in my tank when a new guy comes in.

I've got some time to spare so I think I'm gonna spend the afternoon making a myspace account that I can upload some pictures of my tank to. It's about time. Thought my tank isn't looking it's best. I'm waiting on some parts to come in the mail which will fire up my Fluval and put the sump back in action.