Cracked Fish Tank

Feb 24, 2010
Hello everyone : ) this is my first post to this forum I have just recently found a couple minutes ago. Never knew a forum like this would exist! ( So Awesome ) So yeah recently I have just got a fish tank from my cousin, I own a 10 Gallon but this one is I believe is a 35 Gallon? There is a little crack at the corner of the fish tank it isn't a scratch it feels like a crack.

Here's a drawing, sorry I'm not an artist : P

(Top View)
It is cracked from where the frame covers it, and I'm hoping that it can still be in good use, and I applied silicone on it and filled the fish tank half way and it's been a couple days since it hasn't leaked, and I just emptied it and I'm planning to put more silicone on it, its better to be safe then sorry. From all the people who are very experienced with fish tanks, do you guys believe that there's still some hope for the tank ? I'm just afraid of putting so much effort on setting up the tank and then having it leak : (

Thanks !

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
if it is a SINGLE crack then it can be silicone'd a few times and you'll be good. however if its a spider crack then that tank's no good for water :(
remember to let the silicone sit for a few days to fully bond...blah blah, you know the instructions :p