Crap

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Okay I was outside working and came in to fine my midas blenny carpet surfing.......I am not sure how long he was there but he was still alive when I picked him up, not totally dried out but shocky I think. I quickly placed him in the tank and he laid on the bottom breathing heavily and was very mottled colour as he gets when stressed out. I left the room and came back to find he had made his way to his hidey hole in the rockwork. He is in there now and i can't see him at all. He is there though....I just hope he didn't crawl in there to die. He usually has his head sticking out the hole but now he is completely in the hole. So those of you who think that egg crate is safe, think again. A 6 inch midas blennie made it through the eggcrate and out onto the floor. I am suprised the fall alone didn't kill him.....but it is too soon to tell......poor little guy, he was one of my favourite fish. :(

Limi310

Superstar Fish
Nov 30, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Oh no :(......I really hope he pulls through.
I came home to one of my figure 8 puffers on the floor with a closed lid tank. He had to of jumped from the 1/2" gap in the back.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Yeah I couldn't believe it. I don't even have a 1/4 inch gap anywhere around that eggcrate. I don't think he is going to make it.....I haven't seen him since he went into his hole.....I couldn't get him out of there if he does die. I suppose he will then become food for the hermits and shrimp. Poor little guy. I can't believe he got through those holes as he was as big around as the holes are.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
I haven't any idea how he made it through the eggcrate, you'd think he would have had to hit it perfectly right. a million to one shot at it. Well he is no where to be found, he was probably a fine dinner for the hermits and shrimp.......poor little guy. rip.....

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
well there is that aspect though i am in no hurry to replace him. He was a cool addition though and was fairly large at 6" in length. c'est la vie I guess

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
well I have been thinking that I will look for another blenny as he was such a character. I am not going to put screen on my eggcrate as it was a total fluke that he was able to launch himself through eggcrate.....still amazes me. He wasn't that great of a swimmer to get that much momentum going, but I guess he had enough.......