Cray Update

Big Vine

Elite Fish
Feb 7, 2006
Florida
Now that Jerry has passed, J.B. (a.k.a. 'Jericho's Boy'/'Jerry's brother') has taken his place as my only surviving male from Jericho & Jerrica's batch.

He's got a lot of growing to do if he wants to catch up to Juno...his sister and future mate.

BV

Big Vine

Elite Fish
Feb 7, 2006
Florida
f8fan said:
wow, they really grow at different rates, eh? How come JB is so..."not blue"? Juno looks great! She's puuuurty!
Thanks, Kelly.
JB was housed in a tupperware container, in which the water fouls really quickly---which is why I fed him less. Lower water temp. in there as well. All of this adds up to a slower-growing cray. He's about an inch long, whereas Juno is just over two inches. As for his lighter coloring...he's always been that way. It'll be interesting to see how his coloring changes as he spends more time in the darker surroundings and moults a few times.

BV

MissFishy

Superstar Fish
Aug 10, 2006
Michigan
I still have some Jericho/Jerrica siblings! I am still searching for names...I haven't seen the female at all for a few days, I have to dig around the rock work in her tank and make sure she's alright. :( The male is doing wonderfully though! Always running out of his cave when I put food in the tank!

Apr 3, 2007
Knoxville Area
I have a female from the Jericho/Jerrica batch. Her name is Jewel and she's full of spitfire! She's a lovely little thing and becomes more beautiful everytime she moults. She wouldn't even fit in the little container she arrived in, now!!! She's really a joy, eats right out of my hand if I tempt her with a good enough treat. She currently occupies a 10g with a few platies. However when we move in December, she's getting an upgrade to the 29g, and my community tank is getting moved to the 55g!!! She got so big with her last moult, she had to start digging out her little cave to make it big enough!

Sorry to hear that Jerry passed! What happened?