Crazy humu trigger story

aquatek

Small Fish
Oct 22, 2002
You guys are not going to believe what Im about to say, but its true, Im absolutely not lying.
5 years ago I had a fish tank and few fishes, among them was a small humu trigger, 1 inch. I lived in a condo. All the condos were going thru"termite killing." So they were going to tent up my condo too and I had to move the fishes out for 3.5 days. I procratinated till the last day, actually till that very morning, so I was in a hurry mode to get all my fishes out to a temporary aquarium I've set up at a friend's house. I caught all the fishes except for the humu trigger. The little dude went into a live rock and opened up his latches and didn't want to come out. Time was running out, I said screw it and proceeded to get all the live rocks out and place em all into a plastic lined cardboard box. I left the box of rocks as it is at my friends house, thinking the humu was dead for sures. 4 days later, I re-started my tank at the condo. I opened the box of rocks and placed them back, then I saw the piece the humu was in, then I saw the humu trigger in this crevice, there was no water, just some moist from the rocks, the humu was alive and looking at me with his moving eyes, his body was slightly moist I figured the moist of the rock kept his body from getting dry. He basically had no water and food for 4 days, kept alive and moist by rock's humidity probably. I place that piece of rock into the tank, 2 minutes later he came out swimming like nothing happened, his coloration was messed up but he recovered in few hours and everything was happily ever after. Until he got big one day and became a killer, so I sold him back to the fish shop. To me, the humu trigger is the ultimate warrior.

Last edited:

Jon

Small Fish
Oct 29, 2002
KENT ENGLAND
Visit site
I am a great fan of Triggers!
Excellant story,funnily enough today i went to investigate at a shop at great Portland Street London and there appeared to be an empty tank but when looked closely in the dead coral,i saw an eye rolling at me and then i could see it was a tiny Trigger.
Well and truelly locked into place.