Crowntail Betta Pics

Mar 11, 2003
Hey Cichlid-Man, watch your back in this forum, some of us betta owners take after our fierce fish, lol.

Aaron, your crowntail is beautiful. When I began breeding bettas my dream was to produce patriotic crowns. But I ventured off into other strains and tail types. Where'd you get him, and do you plan on breeding him?

Alexa

Mar 11, 2003
Thats amazing that you got him from the LFS. I have to order mine from breeders for..well, a lot more haha. They're worth it though, and spawning them is absolutely the best hobby.

Alexa

Verse914

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Fort Wayne, IN
www.Verse914.com
Alexa
Yeah, this is the first time that I have seen them so nice from anywhere around here. I just bought another male crowntail. Ill post some pics of him when I get a chance. I didnt buy a female as I dont know much about them yet. Since I have a crowntail male, are there crowntail females? How do you differentiate?

Thanks,
Aaron

Mar 11, 2003
http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?fwbettasct&1109210282

Here's a picture of a crowntail female. Some of them even grow double rays, which are really neat. The females are generally like the males, but can live together if their personalities allow it, no special care needed. But it is a good thing to research more about keeping them before you buy them. However, to me, they are just like the males. I actually prefer female bettas over males. They seem to be more lively and less sulky, as some males get.

Alexa