Crowntail

MissK

Small Fish
Jun 13, 2006
Alabama
I have a Crowntail Betta, and it seems the tips of his tail are dying and breaking off. It looks like there is a bit of fungus growing on one. What type of medicine would be best for this?

Sep 11, 2005
Philadelphia
www.myspace.com
Most bettas get rotty when they're not getting religious water changes. Make sure that not only are you treating with the fix but you're also changing the water frequently.

Crowntails are especially prone to rot and stress in my experience. In fact my crown tail is named Wussy Boy. He certainly earned it.

Sep 2, 2005
North East Philly
Use Bettafix and keep his water clean. I baby sit a Betta that lives in a gallon tank. I do 100% water changes every two weeks. And a weekly partial water change in Pinky's six gal. You can never do enough water changes especially with Bettas as long as you are gentle and do not stress them. Pinky actually stays near the surface when getting ready to do his partial and he lets me cup him in his little plastic to his one gallon while I go to work siphoning the gravel. He is such a good boy (-:

MissK

Small Fish
Jun 13, 2006
Alabama
Elvis is doing great. My only problem with him now is he is a picky eater. The only thing I can get him to eat are blood worms. I am going to try pellets again with him tonight and see what he does. The last time i did he just gave me a "what is this" kind of look...lol

oh and with his fins, i changed his water and put betta fix in with his water and that seemed to do the trick. he was actually floating on his side by the time i got home from searching all over for the betta fix, which i found thankfully.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2005
North East Philly
Gotta love that Bettafix.*thumbsups

Glad to hear that he is improving. Did you try Bio-Gold their the only pellets my Betta eats. There are also Omega Flakes for Bettas. Mr Lee chows down on them too. Try not to give him Bloodworms every day, as they get the little guy blocked if given every day.

Tayles

Large Fish
Jun 14, 2003
Orlando, Florida
Visit site
I use a thing called Bowl Buddies in my betta tanks. Keeps their water crystal clear and my bettas are nice and healthy. Also, you can make fewer water changes when using it. I do mine every 2 weeks. I highly recomend that product to anyone keeping a betta in a small tank.

Tayles

Large Fish
Jun 14, 2003
Orlando, Florida
Visit site
Bowl Buddies is not a medication. Sorry if I confused you. It is a water conditioner. Makes water safe for bettas. Ninamarie had said that she only does monthly water changes, so I recomeded the product. Have seen healthier bettas when using it.

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
Tayles said:
I use a thing called Bowl Buddies in my betta tanks. Keeps their water crystal clear and my bettas are nice and healthy. Also, you can make fewer water changes when using it. I do mine every 2 weeks.
I think this may lead to long-term problems for you. There's no substitute for weekly water changes. It's kind of like saying that you're wearing the socks you wore yesterday because you sprayed them with Febreeze -- they may smell OK, but it doesn't mean they're clean. :)

MissK

Small Fish
Jun 13, 2006
Alabama
i use bowl buddies as well when i do a water change.

oh and Elvis is the little guy on my Avatar. this picture was probably taken a day or two after i added the bettafix...he bounced back pretty quickly.