CUC Amount Needed

Jun 29, 2008
PA
Greetings All- I have 29g tank that is just about done cycling. As I start thinking of the next step for my tank, I realized that I do not know how much/many CUC I need.

Any advice? Thanks. -Matt

quaddity

Large Fish
Feb 25, 2007
Mesa, AZ
www.myspace.com
Start light 5-10 snails and see how they do and add more if needed. You don't want to put too many in that will starve if there's not enough algae to sustain them. Hermits are up to you. I like them a lot of people don't.

Jun 29, 2008
PA
CUC = CLean up Crew

I like the idea of snails b/c DOWN THE ROAD i want a Valenti puffer in teh tank and the snails can be food for him/her.

what type of snails do you suggest? I have seen some people mention turbo snials but they seem price at $2/snail; especially since it may become a puffer's snack/dinner!!

Chris_A

Large Fish
Oct 14, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Well if you are thinking of any kind of puffer, definitely go light. Speaking from experience here, using a clean up crew as an alternate source of food gets expensive. My mantis just ate $20 of hermits in 3 days...

I'd say go with the cheapest snails and hermits you can. What's the point of buying a $4 blue knuckle hermit when a $1.50 assorted will do? (local to me prices).

Chris