cycling question

Mar 14, 2005
I have had my 24q Nano Cube up and running for 3 weeks. Durring the first week I put only 9 lbs of LR so I got 10 more pounds a week later, which was 2 weeks ago. My tank has be cycling for the last 2 weeks with me adding water when it needs and my levels have not gone up at all. I took some water to the LFS 2 weeks ago and the said amonia and nitrite were at 0 ppm and nitrate was at 20ppm whihc is what i thought too but I don't believe the tank is cycled yet. So they told me to put in a chemical called Cycle. I put it in the same time i added more LR and now I have a ton of pods and my diatoms are almost totally gone, could my tank already be cycled?

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
I would say your tank is probably cured, but I would still wait, sometimes you will get a second cycle, plus it is a small tank, the longer you wait and the slower you go the better off you are, if you have to put something in there throw a clean up crew in

Mar 14, 2005
well i added some fresh water that i have had sitting out and 15 minutes later tested my water out of curiousity and my nitrate was at 0ppm. I think I might wait 2 more weeks to be completely sure that everything is okkiedokkie.