Dalmatian mollie and platy mated???

Apr 7, 2005
NUNYA
*BOUNCINGS
Whelp I learned something I think yesterday. I was down at my tank last week and found that there were some new fry in my tank, so I scooped out 12 of them, I thought they were zebra danio fry, but I didn't know that zebra danio's were egg layers till later, and I knew they weren't platy fry because I have some of them in my tank now and these were bigger, but I couldn't understand that if they were zebra danio fry why they were bigger than regular platy fry. So I was puzzled. I watch them everyday and yesterday I got to looking at one or two of them and the markings on them didn't look like zebra danio fry. Monday June 6th these fry were a week old. I couldn't for the life of me figure out where these fish came from. Because all I have in my tank is:

1 dalmatian mollie
6 platy
and zebra danios.

So I got to looking and wondering and I came to a conclusion, my mollie mated with one of my male platy's. I had no idea a mollie would mate with a platy so I called a reputable major fish store in our area and sure enough he told me that a mollie will mate with a platy. I think this is so awesome. I can't wait till they get a little bigger. So what are these called Dalatty's????(JK) I just made that up. But is there a name for them?

*SUNSMILE* Thanks in advance for the input