Damm

Shaunna

Large Fish
Oct 6, 2005
Ohio
Do the spots look like grains of salt or are they fuzzyish? Could be ich or a fungus. Do a search for diseases and see if you can spot which one looks similar and treat as needed. I would recommend the salt/heat treatment if it is ich. The medicine treatment can just be a disaster.

Check here:
http://www.fishpalace.org/Disease.html

Last edited:

MOsborne05

Superstar Fish
Oct 3, 2005
Gibsonburg, OH
What is the temp in the tank???? I agree with Shaunna, increase the temp to around 78 degrees and add some aquarium salt. My first betta died from a white, moldy looking disease and there was nothing that I could do to save him. With my new betta I keep the tank at about 76 degrees and I added some aquarium salt when I set it up and I haven't had any problems. The aquarium salt probably won't cure whatever disease it is, but it will help prevent it in the future.

ninamarie

Superstar Fish
Jan 4, 2006
Kalifornia, Silicon Valley
the tank was at 80 and I took maxx out an put him in a vase like bowl with meds in it( Like a quarentine area) and then I am going to clean out the tank and put the heater in and the new pump maybe some new rocks as well.

When will I see any changes in him getting better? Also he's not eating his bio gold

Nov 3, 2005
'serendipity' tank
can you take him to the lfs... ???
can you trust them to give you good advice???
hopefully you can...

i transported my betta to my lfs...
waste of time...my trusty guy was off...
and a 'muppet' assistant said constipation...
my fighter died soon after...

Nov 3, 2005
'serendipity' tank
ninamarie said:
I came in this morning and looks like he won't last much longer.:( It would not do any good to take him to my LFS where I got him over 3 1/2 months agao. I did everything and sadly enuff it isn't helping.

adios Amigo azure Sr Maxx
ratz...i hurt for you...i really do...
i know how it feels...and it feels horrible... :(

Shaunna

Large Fish
Oct 6, 2005
Ohio
Have you considered the fact that he may not be sick? I mean there may not be anyhting wrong with him. Maybe is just feeling "blue"... no pun intended! Did you try giving him some bloodworms? If not do that. Or something else that he normally doesn't get. Just pamper him alittle bit. Try getting another picture of him posted on here so we can look at him now. Sometimes you just get so used to them acting a certain way that if they change a little bit you automatically think the worst. but really he could just be going through a slump. We all have them, ya know! ;) Good luck!

edit... did you find anyhting that resembled his behavior on the disease forum?

Charlius

Medium Fish
Sep 18, 2005
Did you ever check out what the 'white dots' might be in the disease section?? If it's Ich, uh oh, I've thankfully never had to deal with any disease, but I heard it's a nightmare.

ninamarie

Superstar Fish
Jan 4, 2006
Kalifornia, Silicon Valley
it's ich alright but he seems unfased by it( yesterday) he was just swimming and going up and down in the bowl so today when I get to work we shall see what he's up to.
Also I was at lfs yesterday and they had a new shipment of Bettas and they were inthe littel bags and were being floated in the cups( bigger then PETSMARTS thats for sure and all seemed well. I will post the picture that we took yesterday so you can see what he looks like