Damsel Hiding

rohnds

Large Fish
Apr 23, 2005
Austin, TX (born NYC)
Couple of day, I finally bought a few blue legged hermit crabs for my 70gal tank. Piror to this the only inhabitatant is a tiger damsel. He has being the tank for last five weeks. He has alway being active. Now he is hiding behind the rocks, almost as if he is afraid.

The water parameter has not changed. I measure it a few minutes ago, NH3=0, NO2=0 and NO3=5 sg=1.025

Rohn

Jul 29, 2005
Sunny Cali & Rainy England
I'm sorry to say that I can usually tell when one of my Chromis is about to kick the bucket because their behaviour changes for their last week or so of life. They hide in the rockwork, or hang in one area, are uninterested in food and do not dart away if you approach them with the magnetic glass cleaner or something. This is just my experience anyway, but that being said, they do sometimes bounce back.
I don't know what to suggest because I don't know the cause when it happens to mine. None of the other tankmates show signs of distress, and my tank param's are pretty static.
I wouldn't have though the introduction of the bluelegs would've caused his behavioural change.