DARTH VADER (my rope/reed fish) LOVES KRILL!!!

edaskalos

Large Fish
Aug 4, 2004
Anchorage, AK
Visit site
I just thought I would post a positive comment instead of the usual problematic or more serious qusetions I usually post. My rope/reed fish "Darth Vader" has been eating blood worms since i got him a couple weeks ago. He seemed to enjoy them pretty good, but his tank mates (Guarami's, Otos, & Cories) REALLY love bloodworms and wouls start devouring them on contact with the water. Whereas Darth would make a couple good passes at them once I placed them on the bottom. BUT this all changed last night. I decided to vary Lord Vader's diet by trying out some higher protein, higher fiber, & lower fat krill. After thawing the frozen cube, I went to place it in the water slowly so that it floats to the bottom and noticed that the krill stays in big coon-like chunks unlike the bloodworms which scatter on impact. ANYWAY as soon as the krill was set down, Darth made his way to his feeding corner and began taking huge mouthfuls and thrashing like an alligator to gulp them down. He did this atleast a half a dozen times!! I don't don't see how he could fit that much food in his body at once, it was INSANE!! The other thing is that the guarami weren't nearly as excited as they usually are with bloodworms, so it let Vader have more time to get all that he wanted. The Otos also decided that this was their favorite and were sucking on the free floating chunks on the bottom. It was a SIGHT!! I will try to post picks at my next feeding (tomorrow night). *BOUNCINGS *BOUNCINGS *BOUNCINGS *BOUNCINGS *BOUNCINGS *BOUNCINGS *BOUNCINGS *BOUNCINGS

edaskalos

Large Fish
Aug 4, 2004
Anchorage, AK
Visit site
The other really great thing about this feeding frenzy for my awesome rope/reed fish is that I was worried that he might not be getting enough to eat because the Guarami are like wolves whenever there is feed food around and if another tankmate is too slow they would probably starve. So I was very releaved as well as entertained.