dead fish! please help

Aug 23, 2005
Cocoa Beach
www.tiecc.net
monday, i bought a few fish from the LFS, royal basset, cleaner shrimp, cleaner wrass, and some golbie. this morning, my royal basset (the purple and yellow fish) was doing death spirals. we had a "freez warning" last night and the tank temp dripped from 78 to about 72. apparently my heater is dead, so heres the p-rams

temp, 72
salt 1.0225
PH 8.4
nitrite-0
amonia-0
nitrate-10

accoring to my LFS guy who marked all my cards, its all goos except the temp is pretty low, but i am sure it is never 79 degrees year round any where. shoot, the beach is like 50 where i live!

what else should i check?

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
sounds like shock....what did you do to acclimate these ? also, cleaner wrasses are pretty much doomed as they are notoriously difficult to keep and should be kept my experts only. What kind of gobie? The spirals that the royal gramma was doing sound like ammonia

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
yea while your method wasnt the greatest it shouldnt have killed them like that.... u should really get your own test kit to see for your self since alot of lfs' arnt that knowlagable

Aug 23, 2005
Cocoa Beach
www.tiecc.net
i have a test kit, and i bought it from the lfs. he marked the cards so i would know what i need to keep. the old store that i used was about 15 miles a way, but we just got a new one that is 3 miles away. i really trust the one that is close, it just depends on if the owner is there