Dead live rock

jammerz

Large Fish
Feb 28, 2005
Boise
So i go to this complete tweekers house yesterday to look at an aquarium, sump, lights, pump and Liverock. This guy when he took down his aquarium didn't rinse anything off!! Looks like a snow storm of crystalized salt, and an algea bomb went off in the thing after i took all the junk mail outta the aquarium, and moved all the wrenches off the VHO light set up i realized this guy was outta his mind asking $450 even though hes got like $1500 worth of gear this stuff was in no shape to be bought or sold.

On of his big things was that he had this125lbs of LR. Heres the kicker the dumbass put it all in a rubbermaid container like a year ago, it still has alot of color but it looks like its been snowed on to cuz of the salt crystals. This guy is trying to tell me that if i clean all the salt off and put it back in the aquarium with a few pieces of new LR that the rock he has will come back to life. I know stuff will eventually grow on it, but will the actual rock come back to life and be LR again or will just new stuff grow on it.I want to be able to use this to chew him down on his price, because he thinks this dead LR he has is quite the selling point.

Thanks in advance for any input! *celebrate

Feb 6, 2005
Waterloo, ON Canada
I wouldn't personaly buy from some idiot like that. As for the Live uh...I mean "DEAD" rock it's just that DEAD ROCK. I wouldn't pay a cent for it as you do not even now what it could be contaminated with(maybe hey used chemicals and killed his hole tank off...why is he selling in the first place?) I would say "Thanks but NO thanks" and walk away! But that's only my opinion