decoration/fake plants

Jun 15, 2006
I am curious to find out where everyone gets their decorations / fake plants for their tank. I have seen plenty at the LFS but they are quite pricey at times. Any good sites out there? thanks

paige

Medium Fish
Jun 26, 2006
Burleson, TX
I have 3 large fake plants in my tank...I got the first two at the LFS for $25 each. I got the last one (same brand, size) from Big Al's Online for like $9.

Jan 13, 2006
Colorado
im cheap i will only buy stuff that is on clearance or discounted, usually petsmart has good clearence deals, i got my large 12" plant for 5 dolars on clearance, most of my decor is clearence items as well, you just gota keep your eyes peeled for good dealsi also have some things that people have given or traded me..

SANND

Large Fish
Jul 20, 2005
Washington, DC
I'm cheap...I get plants from friends who need to prune and I get rocks and wood when I'm out hiking. I even get my gravel from people who have left overs. I'd rather spend money on the fishes :D

Sukielee3

Small Fish
Jul 28, 2006
i have found out that if you go to the craft section and look ant there bushels of fake plants and get some that are just leaves or leaves look alike they work great and give your fish alot of hiding places and dont cost much at all!! walmart is great to look. just make sure you wash them really well with really warm water, some have fragrance or a protective coating, you might want to soak them in a bucket for a day or two before you add them also, but the wait is worth it!!

nobody

Large Fish
Sep 26, 2005
Utah
Petsmart or Petco for me. They don't charge over ten bucks for fake plants and it depends on the size of ornament you get there for the pricing, but they're usually pretty reasonable.