Depressed Betta?

Bridish05

Large Fish
Jun 29, 2006
Dekalb
www.facebook.com
I recently replaced 5 gups that died a few months ago, so I had to move my betta, who had been partying it up all by himself in teh ten gallon tank back to his fish bowl, now he sits and...well basically "sulks" around the bowl, looking kind of sad, I'm wondering if he's sick, stressed from the move or depressed about losing his large home...

Katie217

Superstar Fish
Jul 15, 2006
Florida
he is probably feeling a little cramped, and stressed by the move, this is normal. give him a few days, keep water clean and try to feed him good food.
good luck

bsmall05

Large Fish
Nov 8, 2006
Newport News, VA
bridish, i know you have probably been told this, but just in case... one pleco is too much for a 10g, let alone 2. they are notoriously messy and will soon grow too big to be in that small tank. maybe try some other bottom feeders? i suggest kuhli loaches. they are great cleaners and a blast to watch. i have a pair in my 10g with my guppies and i love watching them dance around the tank.

Bridish05

Large Fish
Jun 29, 2006
Dekalb
www.facebook.com
well he's going to a new home, I have a friend with another 10 gallon who wants him in exchange for a 20 gallon and all the supplies.
So it's a good deal all around, large home for my betta, new tank for me, betta for my friend :) thanks for all the advice!