Dinner time!

sdivell

Medium Fish
Jul 20, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
Just a quick food question.
I've got 5 platies (for now) and have been feeding them flake food twice a day just enough so a bunch of it doesnt end up in the gravel....all that good stuff i've read about feeding them.

One thing i haven't read about though is what ELSE i can feed them or should feed them for that matter.

Is flake food the best option to keep them healthy? is there something else out there i could give them to maybe bring more colour out?

any artciles i should read or any advice guys.

Thanks....love this forum

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
I like to use the New Life Spectrum pellets more than flakes though.
Ah another satisfied customer. ;)

I also prefer pellets, specifically NLS brand. But you could try something like bloodworms once a week. Not really sure the diet of a platy but possible some type of veggie? I know some fish enjoy nibbling slices of cucumbers.

I always use either a good pellet or flake as the staple in the diet though.

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
I agree...I mainly feed my fish with their preferred staple food...and then toss in some other things once in awhile depending on the fish. I'll get ghost shrimp to put in the cichlid tank sometimes, mosquito larvae or bugs for the betta, everyone seems to love frozen bloodworms and live brine shrimp...however brine shrimp are not nutritious so you dont want to do those too often and definitely not as a staple.