Dirty Glass

Milo

Large Fish
Jun 29, 2006
Brampton, Ontario
Hi Guys,

My glass is really really dirty...slimy and ucky... what can clean it?

I have some snails... but my husband had the great idea of getting some crabs... so the SOME snails has turned into like 2 or 3. It's just that every time i see the glass its dirty, so would like some options. There isn't a pleco for salt water is there? I guess thats in a dream world.

Thanks

Milo

Large Fish
Jun 29, 2006
Brampton, Ontario
I have a magnafloat... works great. but, I can't reach behind the filter or the skimmer, so i thought maybe there could be some sort of fish (like a pleco) that could clean the glass from the inside.

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
no, there is not, I don't even clean the back of my tank, just put a backround on it, wont be as noticable. Is it really an excessive algae problem? or are you just concerned with the algae on the glass?

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
yea i got the blue backround on the back and i just let the algea bulid up on the back and sides or atleast what the snails leave behind and use the magna float on the front *thumbsups
and you said some snails turned into like 2 or 3 that means you need like 20 more for that tank

Last edited:

Milo

Large Fish
Jun 29, 2006
Brampton, Ontario
TRe said:
yea i got the blue backround on the back and i just let the algea bulid up on the back and sides or atleast what the snails leave behind and use the magna float on the front *thumbsups
and you said some snails turned into like 2 or 3 that means you need like 20 more for that tank
No I had around 12 snails.

well just thought i would check to see if there were any other options.

thanks everyone