Disapearing guppy

Apr 24, 2006
Nashville, Illinois
My female feeder guppy has disapeared without a trace. The male and her were sitting at the top together yesterday but now she's nowhere to be found. Yesterday she was hiding in the plants but she came out. Could there be something wrong. She didn't seem sick or anything. Please help me.

Apr 24, 2006
Nashville, Illinois
I seriously doubt she was eaten but if she was it was probably because she was going to die of something else first. She lives with 1 male guppy, a silver dollar, a violet goby, and an algae eater. Could it be that she's hiding from the male or was stressed out by him too much? None of the other fish ever acknowledged her existence. I really hope she's ok because she's pregnant and if she dies I have to go to Birds Galore again and I don't want to have to.

she might be hiding.try turning off the lights and take a few steps back from the tank and see if any of the fish are bulling the smaller fish.if so i hate to say it they might have eaten the little guy.thats what i did with my neons because they where by them selfs and some started dieing and i wanted to know why so i tried that and seen the one of the neons bullied the other ones

Apr 24, 2006
Nashville, Illinois
On the first night I had them I stayed up late to make sure that the big fish wouldn't bully them. I read that when a guppy is really close to giving birth she will hide or dart around. If this is the case, she's got a lot of plants to hide in. This morning after I turned the light on the male became active and he swam all the way around the tank several times. He seems lonely. I hope my guppigup is just close to giving birth.

This is my 100th post!*PEACE!*

Jul 22, 2006
Dragon, its normal for a parent to worry. Hey, I was worried about one of my two Betas sitting there, but after close observation, I think he is either scared, shy, or ignoring the other Beta.

Thunder

Apr 24, 2006
Nashville, Illinois
I just looked in the tank from the top and made a gruesome discovery. She is dead. and the body has been decapitated. I think it was because the male stressed her out too much and after she died Marbles or someone ate her head. I think next time I get the chance, unless the other one is killed. The male is going to be alone for a long long time.

Jul 22, 2006
Dragon, I've made that same gruesome discovery today as well. For over a week, my orange Platy mysteriously disappeared. Today, I found the lifeless body. Totally white, no color anywhere. Huge chunk of underside is missing. Fins and tail is gone. Partial head is gone. I cant even find the mouth.

No, the male Betas are not together. Well, they are, but divided by a clear plastic. However, female Betas can be together, depending on their personality. Its always a toss together and wait for the female Betas.

Thunder