Disappearing Fish

2e0raf

Large Fish
Feb 23, 2005
Preston UK
hi

i would like to first like to thank everyone who helped my with my fish. i have now got loads of plants and a product called safe water (like bio spira) micro orcanisams. the amonia level has droped and my nitrates are coming down.

the problem is now i seem to be loosing my tetras. no to disease or any thing like that but to the shark ( i found im finding nemos style with a skeliton of a neon hanging out of his mouth) i only have 6 tetras in there now (from 9)

will the shark eat everythin as i have not found any more bodies and how can i stop him form eating his tankmates.

Last edited:

2e0raf

Large Fish
Feb 23, 2005
Preston UK
well you bunch of miserable sods 42 views and not one reply.

any how got rid of the shark aft my preggo platie was found at the bottom of the tank with no eyes. have got 2 algie eaters instead quite interesting to watch and thay seem to have sorted my bits of plants floating around the tank.

NoDeltaH2O

Superstar Fish
Feb 17, 2005
SC
is the shark a redTail Shark? Bala? Great White?

Neons fit into mouths of lots of fish. Extreme size differences are bound to cause cannibalism.

Don't be upset, lots of people lurk here for answers without commenting, I did for a while at first.

2e0raf

Large Fish
Feb 23, 2005
Preston UK
was a silver shark was told by ny lfs that was peacefull myst have been a psyco for a while we nicknamed him hanable he almost eat his way through all my fish. any how have got rid and have bought a few more neons.

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
A lot of fish have personalities other than they'll tell you at the pet store. Unfortunately sometimes the only way to find it out is the hard way like you did. Sorry to hear he caused you such troubles. What size tank do you have?