Dissolving Vacation Feeder for marine

JustinP

Medium Fish
Jun 8, 2005
I was wondering if anyone knows of any dissolving vacation feeders for marine like they have for fresh. I've seen some that don't specify fresh or marine but I don't know if they're acceptable. I'm going out of town for a few days and no one will be able to come over and I would like to try something easier than the crappy auto-feeder I bought. The auto feeder obviously only feeds flake or pellets which my fish aren't very fond of and even at the lowest setting it dumps in much more than they're willing to eat and I came home to a mess last time.
Thanks!

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
I 2nd the idea of leaving them w/o food. Feed them well before you leave (not overfeed but heavily the last couple of days) and they'll be fine.

I dont think they make any dissolving feed blocks that would appeal to your fish if they dont even really like flake or pelleted food, not to mention they wouldn't work well in high pH water. I found that problem...even with freshwater vacation tablets...they dont dissolve correctly unless you have the water in a specific ph (somewhere around 7) range.

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Yes they're in a block of loose CaCO3 I think so they won't dissolve. I leave mine for a week quite frequently and nothing much goes wrong. Plenty of live rock and browsing helps