DIY metal halide question

Jan 9, 2005
Visit site
For those who know a little bit about MH lighting, i've been trying to put together a diy metal halide fixture. there's plenty of mods and creations using 70w and 150w, but just recently i found a guy selling a 200w (no bulb) for 50 dollars, the whole thing. but my question is...can you buy appropriate lights for a 200w fixture?

Jan 9, 2005
Visit site
yeah this is actually from a demolition company that's getting rid of them, does anyone know if you can run 150w lights in a 200w ballast? or maybe even 250w lights?

and kahluazz you live in canada too, i remember you gave me some good links a while back for canadian suppliers, can you send me some again?

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
oh, my bad...aquapassion ships across canada. Man the LR is excellent. Bought my Vanuatu there...now it's like 6 $ a pound even if you buy just one.
And this is cured stuff..sweet shapes too.
Check out the prices of the fishies...not bad hey ? Snails too. All creatures is their tanks are colorful and healthy...never noticed a crappy or diseased fish.
This is not a huge store, but the guys are great and know their stuff.
I give them a 5 out of 5 ;)

Jan 9, 2005
Visit site
to hell with crosby, i'd slit his throat. Only kidding, we go to school together he's a nice guy, it's really weird to see he's already getting really famous (as i understand it), we've been friends for a while.

that's a good deal on the ballast, but not as good as i'm hoping. I'm hella cheap, only because i'm hella poor.