Do you heat your water?

Feb 28, 2005
Waterford, CA
I have been doing this for a the last couple of weeks but I do not know if it is really needed.

probably most of you mix your water changes in a 5 gallon bucket. before you put the water in you tank do you use a heater to get the water up to a semi warm temp, or just poor it in cold??

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
here is the thing, with salt water it really should either be heated or allowed to come to room temperature which is my prefered method because you can allow the water to really mix well, put a power head in there to help aerate and mix it up and allow it to sit for 5-6 hours, it will be better for your tank

Feb 28, 2005
Waterford, CA
this is really cool to find all this stuff out. I have been dealing with my local pet shop the whole time I'v had my fish tank and they have nevr been a big help, so this is really cool.

but back to water changing do you add any thing els besides salt to your water mixture??

S.Reef

Superstar Fish
Dec 1, 2003
Michigan
Well...ideally you should be mixing it a few days ahead of time and heating it to the correct temperature. As long as its room temperature it should be fine.