Does anyone know..

Jun 24, 2006
Does anyone kno if it is ok to feed 3 jack dempseys. an if it is how much should i feed them it and how many times per day. I have one thats a year old and 2 that are a few months old.

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
I'm confused. Is it ok to feed them what? I have a JD, he pretty much eats whatever I give him....frozen bloodworms, OSI Cichlid flakes...and whatever else will fit into his mouth.

Jun 24, 2006
my bad i meant Does anyone kno if it is ok to feed 3 jack dempseys krill. an if it is how much should i feed them it and how many times per day. I have one thats a year old and 2 that are a few months old

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
No worries. I think Krill would be fine if they like it, can't think of a reason why not. I wouldn't feed it much more than once a week or so...but I dont know what all is in it (ie how nutritious it is) or how expensive it is. Are you talking the freeze dried kind or frozen or??

amd

Large Fish
Jun 4, 2006
north carolina asheville area
ehh, try feeding them those about.....a pile about the size of a nickel in circumfrence, they should get thi 1-2 times a day they need to eat it all or next time feed less, try getting it to where they eat a sirtain amount in around 3 minutes, also go to a petstore, like petsmart or a local "fish" store for some frozen foods, they sell it in little plates or in little icecubes, i cude a day would be close to what u need, the foods pretty cheap3-4 $ for about3-4 week supply, u can also get"at petsmart" a lucnh bucket of frozen foods for 25$ and theres a ton of prepared food, just grab a chunk and throw it in. good luck