Dream tank

Nov 24, 2006
What is your dream tank that you would like to build or have built?

Mine is aprox 1400 gallons 12 foot x 4 foot x 4 foot..limmited by money and space only...just a dream tank unless my wife wins the lottery.

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
My dream tank is 225-300g saltwater (much bigger and I don't see myself being able to do decent water changes). Big enough for a full-size marine angel :)

ram man

Superstar Fish
Apr 16, 2005
Arizona
my dream tank is a custom 65 gallon bowfront, i would have tons of zoas and palythoas, colonies of ricordia yumas, sps corals, and multiple lps corals such as wall hammers, plate corals, brains, some denrophylias, and blastos. the tank would house a 5 inch male peacock mantis shrimp.

Guysy1110

Large Fish
Oct 26, 2006
essex
My dream tank would be two 120 gal tanks next too each other; one being a beautifully planted freshwater tank with schools of rummynoses and angels, abit like the 43gal ive got now.. but it would be nicer lol !

And the tank next too it would be identical is size, but a salt water tank with nice corals and fish.

Also. i think part of the fun is all the manintanace, but making it easier ie, flick and switch and 50% of the water drains and the flick another switch and it fills back up :)

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
My dream tank would be at least 1000 gallons. So I could have multiple schools of fish of various kinds. A tank big enough for me to go snorkling in.

In reality probably a 210g would probably do the job. All water changes would be semi automatic. All I would have to do is open/close a couple ball values and turn on a pump.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Dream tank is one that you can afford to put the best possible equipment on and does it's own maintenance with a quick blink of your eye.......

I think the dream tank isn't one but maybe three or four........for different set ups.......aggressive/reef/seahorse/freshwater etc

PlecoCollector

Superstar Fish
Aug 21, 2005
Clinton, NY
TRe said:
my dream tank would prolly be the one they have at bigal's its a 5000 gallon round shark tank :D ..... i also wish i could set my 125gallon up as a reef but i cant since i have a porcupine puffer and a trigger in there already :mad:
I like that tank quite a bit; I just wish it was real coral and not whatever that middle structure is made of. :eek:
My fav there is that fully planted tank they have right before the fish section; I've never seen more vibrantly coloured fish than the ones in that tank. I remember when they first planted it and now it's amazing! :D

My dream tank is the 265g at Big Al's. I want to plant it fairly well (nothing too much) so it looks nice. Stick a bunch of slate caves and such around it for plecs and have a decent current going, but not enough to cause Angels trouble. Then I'd stock it with fancy plecs, a huge school of Cardinals, a few large angels, Glo-fish, Clown Loaches, and some Rainbows. :)

If I could have a dream salt water tank... I'd just like a nano... maybe 20g at more (is that still considered nano?) with maybe some corals if I could manage (I know nothing about SW, excuse my lack of terms xD) and then get some of those brightly colored Gobies and some of those really bright red shrimp. :D

Oct 18, 2006
Oceanside California
i'll keep mine simple

60 gallon long tank with big footprint for loaches

I would stock the tan with:

Weather loaches
Horsefaced loaches
Kuhli Loaches
King dojo loaches
Albino kuhli loaches
yoyo loaches

and some gourmai and tiger barbs, that would be it.