dual compact flourescent question

Kenster

Small Fish
Sep 27, 2007
I have just upgraded to dual compact flourescents.
Current outer orbit system with
dual set of daylights and dual set of atinic
I'm wondering if I have a wiring or bulb problem or are these type of bulbs suposed to be lighting at different light levels?

one of the dual bulbs of the daylight fixture is a bit dimmer than the other.
On the atinic side, one bulb is very bright blue and the othe is almost like it is not even on. I put dark paper between the atinics and the dimmer bulb is on, just a deeper purple color and not bright at all.
I am guessing that the atinics do have different light levels for full spectrum levels, but the daylight bulbs should be the same I would think?
Any feedback?
Thanks

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
It sounds like there's a problem with the wiring on the fixture or the connection of the bulbs in their sockets. I'd call whoever you bought it from and see if you can switch it out for a new one.

Hopefully you bought it from either your LFS or a reputable online dealer who willl help you with the problem. :) If not, try this: Support | Current What's Next

Kenster

Small Fish
Sep 27, 2007
Thanks for the reply Lotus...
The site link for Current was a big help...I was going to send a message to support, but first I opened their link for FAQ the first line in their FAQ was reffering to the fact that Current's "brand" dual bulbs do in fact have two different wavelengths. They claim that both daylight and atinic bulbs will in fact look like one is brigher than the other... it looks like this is only on their brand of bulbs. So it looks like I don't have to go through all that replacement stuff..

Thanks again for the link