Dwarf Angles

GRaff71884

Medium Fish
Jun 3, 2003
Saint Louis
Visit site
I want to put 2 dwarf angels in my tank, but some websites say they aren't compatible, and if so to do with caution. I wanted to put a Coral Beauty and a Lemonpeel in there. Anybody know how well dwarf angels do together? Thanks

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
If you're 75 gallons and up you're ok, if not your tanks likely too small, and they will start to scrap. Sometimes you're lucky and they'll ignore each other due to colour differences, but likely not,especially as lemonpeels are pretty scrappy apparently. Also depends on how much live rock, cover, aquascaping blah, blah, blah - remember 'out of sight, out of mind...' Significant size differences help too

birman

New Fish
Aug 11, 2003
Visit site
i think it's really dependent on individual fishes. i've ever mixed a blue-face angel (though not dwarf angel) with flame angel and also a flameback angel and they existed fine. The only problem with mine is that the flameback was attacked by the damsels instead. For now, I've 2 flame angels... though a little fight over food occasionally, they live together quite harmoniously. My tank size is 50 gallons.

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Birman - how big are your flames? Do you think you've a pair? Mixing angels seems to be totally hit and miss though good water quality, lots of space, lots of live rock for browsing , good food, colour and size differences all seem to help

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Coral beauty and flame strikes me as better as the two are so different in colour. Also bicolours have form for aggression. But it's still hit and miss