Dwarf Gourami

SANND

Large Fish
Jul 20, 2005
Washington, DC
I was just curious, not that I plan on doing this mind, but could person keep a dwarf gourami in a small tank normally used for bettas? Like a 1.5 or 2 gallon tank?

jeremy

Large Fish
Jul 6, 2005
DePere, WI
Actually you could. If you go to walmart they have a 2 gal. bowfront with a pic on it with two dwarfs in it. And besides they dont get more than a couple of inches anyway.

timisu87

Large Fish
Oct 15, 2004
Visit site
I personally think that it could not be possible, because the the tank would be too small for the gourami. And the picture on a box cannot determine if the fish is truely happy, many of the boxes out there stuff 10 tiger barbs in a 3 gallon tank. So thats not an accurate measure.

hyunelan2

Large Fish
Jun 1, 2005
Near Chicago, IL
aquariumfish.net, which I refer to often, says you will eventually need a 29g for dwarf gouramis. If you really want a gouami for a smaller tank, I would say honey gouramis might be a better choice, but those should have at least a 10g tank. 1.5-2g tank really shouldn't be used for anything other than fry or QTing. (I know, I'm a hippocrit because my betta is in a 1g, but I'm working on changing that).