Dwarf Gourami's

ktewalt

Small Fish
Feb 19, 2005
Ohio
freewebs.com
I just recently added two dwarf guaramis to my ten gallon tank (ignore my tanks and their contents, they need updating)...anyway i was just wondering if gouramis need anything special, and if they need a bigger tank. They are very small right now (I'd say 1 inch) I'm guessing they will get bigger. I should have done my homework before purchasing them but they looked so helpless in the little tank :D *twirlysmi

denimous

Large Fish
May 18, 2003
sunny california
Visit site
hey there...
gourami's can be tricky, with more than one they may have aggression issues. this can be minimized in a larger tank (at least 20 gallon), with places for the fish to hide (fake or real plants work great). i would watch the gouramis to make sure they aren't picking on each other or on other fish. gouramis prefer softer water conditions, a pH of 6.8 would be preferable. i use driftwood to help soften my water. they also prefer a temperature around 74 - 80 degrees farenheit. gouramis will also eat a variety of foods, such as bloodworms, brine shrimp, and vegetables. mine would also eat frozen bloodworms and dried bloodworms.

enjoy your beautiful new companions =D.