Dwarf Puffers

Nov 8, 2005
PA
This weekend i got 2 dwarf puffers. They are in a 10 gallon tank with a whisper power filter. A whisper sumersible heater which keeps the temp at 78-79 at all times and i have a weak powerhead blowing around the water. And a ton of plastic plants for them to hide in. I was wondering what everyone elses setup is like and what there feeding scheduel is like? I will post some pics probably this weekend.

Thanks Caleb

Nov 8, 2005
PA
Well its not really a powerhead its from a whisper internal filter the black circular ones that go inside the tank i tried and have been watching its just to blow the heat around but i can take it out if they dont like it.

Nov 8, 2005
PA
Well its the pump of the internal filter. i tore it apart and could not put it back together and its just the little water pump thats in there do you want me to take a picture? and i will cause i have a question about the one puffer fish,

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
If you've only had him since the weekend, it's too early to tell if it's internal parasites or not. Have you seen him eat? After he's eaten, does his stomach look lumpy?

You definitely need a filter in the tank. If you have a reasonable filter, it should move the water around enough to make the tank evenly heated.

Nov 8, 2005
PA
i have a whisper power filter. I took the power head out cause i moved the themomerater around the tank and it read the same everywhere so i took it out and yes the puffers belly looks bumpy when its done eating.