Dying Brain, Damn Angel

noob23

Large Fish
Dec 17, 2007
SoCal
Is there anything i can do? I really don't want to have to remove either one from the tank, but the brain looks pretty bad, and the angel is picking at it pretty consistently. I know prolonged abuse will result in a dead brain, and that's definitely something i'm hoping to avoid. Any advice? Ill probably return the brain tomarrow.

S.Reef

Superstar Fish
Dec 1, 2003
Michigan
Pgymy angels are considered reef safe, they are prone though to picking at LPS and clams so you have to choose corals accordingly. Remove the brain and stay clear of similar style LPS

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
in the meantime u can build a cage for the brain out of eggcrate to protect it that way itll still get light/flow and u can give it time to heal before u trade it

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
another way to protect it while healing is to get one of those shower baskets that have suction cups and attach it to the side near the top...chances are the angel won't go up there and harrass it, once healed and healthy then trade it but my bet would be to trade out the angel....as any coral is probably a meal to the fish