easy corals

drewby9

Small Fish
Jan 11, 2008
so now im thinking i would like to get some corals for my tank...what are some easy kept corals that a beginner could do?

drewby9

Small Fish
Jan 11, 2008
i have a odessea 48' 260watt and 8 moon led lights on it, i know its not the best lighting there is but it was gave to me and i plain on updating to some better lighting once i get a lil more money saved up

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
then I would definitely look at some mushrooms as they are not so light dependant.....some other polyps such as palys, some softies will tolerate lower light levels also.

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
shrooms, zoos, green star polyps,and xenia for starters.... once youve successfuly kept all those u can move into leathers, frogspawn, ect.. butyeah kenya tree is pretty easy too .... id say start with what ever of those i named that u could get your hands on for cheapest

With such light at the top of the tank (48" tank, something like 90-125g, right?) you can have a lot of LPS and softies.

I have 110W PC on a similar 48" long tank, 90g, and had white pom-pom xenia, anthelia, neon-green candycane, hammers, frogspawns, purple frilly gorgonian, purple lemnalia (or looking alike), white lemnalia, bright red mushrooms, yellow polyps.

Giant green hairy mushrooms in the middle, clownfish hosted it.

At the bottom (24" depth) were Kenya tree and gsp. Only the growth was slow.

All are good beginner's corals.