Eaten for Dinner?

nobody

Large Fish
Sep 26, 2005
Utah
I have a female betta and a ghost shrimp together as can be seen below in my signature. Now, my shrimp, Casper, is now where to be seen. I'm wondering if maybe Vibe (my betta) ate him. I've looked in the plant he usually hides in and can't see him there. I know he could just be living up to his name, but any thoughts on this would be nice.

Here's a pic of Casper

There is a tube that leads to an undergravel filter, but it has the air pump tube down it so I don't think he's under the gravel. If he is dead, any suggestion on a tank mate for Vibe or should she remain a lone fish? Thanks.

nobody

Large Fish
Sep 26, 2005
Utah
FroggyFox said:
If the betta could catch the shrimp, it'd probably eat it. Did you check around outside of the tank? Sometimes they jump out.
Not possible. There's a lid on the tank and the only openings are the one for the air tub, which is only big enough for it and a small feeding in the front with nothing leading to it. I'll keep looking for him though.

Grymatta

Large Fish
May 16, 2005
yeah same thing here. I lost one of my Amano shrimps a few monthes ago and last night I was cleaning around the floor around my power strip and I found a really gross dried up shrimp skeleton. I have an Eclipse tank with the hood so its pretty well sealed. Not sure how he managed to jump out but now I know..