Eclipse 3

Okay I am planning on an Eclipse 3 for use as a Betta tank since my mom is taking my 10g and going to be putting a Leopard Gecko in it! Any way, does anyone have any experience with it? How many wpg? Also here was my list for the planting for it:

Foreground:
Cryptocoryne wendtii
Golden nana
Pygmy crypt(maybe)

Mid-Background:
Java Fern
Cryptocoryne aponogetifolia
Cryptocoryne walkeri
Aponogeten abyssinicus

What do you think of this?

Big Vine

Elite Fish
Feb 7, 2006
Florida
Have you ever had Eclipse tanks and/or seen them set up with plants/fish in them? Their bowed fronts make for an incredibly crystal clear display---and the acrylic is very easy to clean (just use a white scrubber sponge so you don't scratch it).

I currently have two Eclipse systems, and I wouldn't hesitate to buy more in the future---even though they are a bit more expensive. I think they're well worth it.

Nothing hangs off the back of the tank at all---the entire filtration system is housed within (under) the hood, which keeps the tank water from evaporating for the most part (it also helps keep my crays from escaping, lol). The filter has a sponge-covered activated carbon insert and a bio-wheel.

The fluorescent lighting looks good, but I couldn't tell you the specific wattage...you'll have to look it up.

I think you'll be happy with it. *thumbsups

Big Vine