Eclipse hex 5 owners

Jubilee

Medium Fish
Oct 29, 2002
Ohio
Visit site
Is this a good tank for a betta? Is the water current too much or good?

Last question, is it quiet enough to sleep by? It will be going in my bedroom if I get one. Thanks

slurpor

Large Fish
Jun 21, 2003
CA
Visit site
This tank comes with a 10w flourescent bulb now- it used to come with an incandescent.

I got mine for $37.50 from Animal World network, url:

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/animalworldnetwork/echex5aqbyma.html

I shopped around the net and found some lower prices on this tank, but after shipping and handling are figured in- this turned out to be the cheapest I found.

Also, to answer your question about noise, I cannot hear mine at all in my home office. If it makes any noise, I doubt if it will keep you awake.

AquaticGem

Medium Fish
May 20, 2004
Minneapolis, MN
www.bettatudes.com
On the three gallon, I didn't notice an issue, even though the filter on the Hex 5 and the Eclipse 3 are the same. Right now, though I have a female betta in the three gallon, so there is less of a problem with current since I am not dealing with long fins. Either way the solution I linked to above should work.

Rokl33t

Large Fish
Aug 2, 2004
Visit site
HAHAHA i wish i did that instead. I bought a glass tank 2.5 gal for like 14.99 at petco. the top frame has 2 slots so the tank can turn into 3 chambers. And i had to buy the filter seperatly ( that was maybes 13 or 14). Plus the sand (3.99 for 50 pounds at Osh) and 38.99 for my florescent light fixture. so altogether about 100 bucks for this. I'm jus in love with my creation. It's so perfect to me. Lol well good hunting all
http://www.angelfire.com/ak5/rokl33t/

Rokl33t

Large Fish
Aug 2, 2004
Visit site
oh crack i forget to add this in. If u guys want to get a 10 gal tank. I dunno if its at where ever u guys live but here in cali, or northern cali, at petco its 10.99 for a 10gal. glass tank. And if u guys think about getting sand for a tank. Go to a hardware store. U get soo much more for a lot less then a pet store. Jus make sure its all purpose and rinse it out good. if u don't your water will cloud up and im sure ur fish will die so rinse it good!