egg crate

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Ask for flourescent light diffuser if they give you that stunned can't get a clue kind of look.

Funny I have egg crate and not a 1/2 inch open but my lovely midas blenny took a jump straight up through it and went floor surfing...... :(

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Yeah well my midas blenny was one of my favourite fish. I couldn't believe it when I found him in the middle of my living room floor. He was still alive but succumbed the next day....probably the shock of everything.....

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
They use plastic canvas that you buy in hobby supply stores. It is too fine though to let much light through. Nothing could get through it, not even light..........good for doing around the inlets and stuff but not the whole tank top. I use it to screen my powerheads and overflow to anemone proof them

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
ok im finally gona go and pick up the eggcrate from home depot tonite but i also wanna get some type of paint for the back off the tank but im a little unsure on what kind... and suggestions?

dbacksrat

Superstar Fish
Jun 3, 2003
Glendale, AZ
Visit site
I tried painting the back of my tank with latex paint and it was an absolute pain. Aresgod has the best idea you're already full of water.
For my fw tanks I just haul the tank outside and use a can of black spray paint. Works like a charm.

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
i just painted it right on the back of the tank.... i already had the blue backround taped to the back but the salt creep kept being a problem and i saw them do it like this at the lfs ..... i just hope the salt doesnt peel the paint... the eggcrate was super easy i just cut it with scissors the only question i have now is do i just put my lights directly on the eggcrate??? it seems a little hot