Electrical cost

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
How much do you pay per watt? Add them up. How many watts is your kit? Work out how many hours perday it is on, or guess.

Then in contrast look at the wattage used by a clothes washing machine, cooker, lightbulb...

Saving electricity is always good, but you really need to know where the moneys going

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Wow, that's no good, we have competition here. It's between different regions owning different bunches of hydroelectric stations and competing to distribute the power. Live in a county with a few hydro stations and you can pay next to nothing to actually profit on your leccy bill i the local council own a stonking great hydro power.
Plus they do deals too - I got a great fixed rate for electricity, broadband, phone and cable tv

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
amazing how a country built on capitalism sets up monopolies on essential services.....and Canada is just as bad if not worse. There most services are monopolized in some way or other.....though I do miss my Canadian roots.....I need a Canadian home fix soon....my blood is tending to get a red white and bluish tinge instead of just red & white......