EMERGENCY!! Sick African Dwarf Frog!

daughter

Small Fish
Jun 18, 2006
Something is wrong with my African Dwarf frog and i don't know what it is.
Last night he was fine, swimming and eating and this morning he looked fine too. This afternoon when i came home from work i went to his tank to see him and i noticed that he was just floating up near the filter. I waited and he didn't move so i softly pushed him with a paintbrush and he just barely moved his limbs. I've quarentined him for now in a bowl with some clean water but he doesn't appear to be moving.
Here are some pictures:

If anyone can give me some help in possibly figuring out what's wrong with him or give some advice on treatment, it would mean a lot.

thank you
daughter *SICK*

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
He looks fine. Im not sure what could be wrong with him. I have had mine (when I had them) not move when I was messing in the tank. What I would do is take and scoop him in yor hand and hold it just out of water, see if he jumps back in. If he does then hes fine, if he doesnt....then Im at a loss.

daughter

Small Fish
Jun 18, 2006
no i don't think what he's doing is normal... usually if you come near him with anything he swims away but i've picked him up and he refuses to move. It's only when i poke him around a bit does he half-heartedly kicks or moves his hand... he also looks fatter than he did yesterday... a lot fatter, what happens if it's bloat?